13 Apr 2008

parachute jump with my elder sister

When my sister and I were very young, we lived in a bungalow. There were no children at the similar ages of us in our neighborhood. As a result, we had no choice but to play with each other and we became bored of many games and we tried to think of more new games. One day, we watched a TV show about the parachute jump and we came up with a new idea: using umbrellas as parachutes, we could do the parachute jump on the roof of the bath room. At first, I felt scared and refused to jump before her, so she encouraged me and suggested jumping together. Gaining more courage, I climbed up to the roof with my sister. Then we were standing on the verge of the roof, both holding an umbrella tightly in hand. “So I say 1, 2, 3, jump! Then we jump, ok?” said my sister. “All right.” I promised. I took a deep breath and jumped down the moment my sister shouted 3. However, she didn’t. At the beginning the umbrella could still support my weight but as I speeded up, I suddenly felt it break down. The wind blew heavily beside my ears and my mind became blank. Finally I reached the ground and managed to stand steadily. I could feel a sharp pain in my ankle. And then I turned my face up to my sister,smiled and said, “It’s really exciting, try it!”

7 comments:

Boon Woei said...

Probably an umbrella which can withstand human's weight will be the next greatest invention in 21st century. I'm glad that your house is only 2 stories, friend.

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Li Hui. This is a poignant story. What a thrill! Maybe you should try real sky-diving.

Thank you again for all your writing this term. It's been a pleasure for me to read your work and to learn about you.

Good luck in your future!

Gooji said...

Ahh! I can imagine how bored you were. And yeah, Boon is right. 2 stories is pretty enough for an umbrella jump. Interesting!

Serene said...

Haha.. Exciting game as compared to me during my childhood where I have the accompany of Barbie dolls=)

Anyway, good luck for the upcoming exams=)

Aaron Zhao (EG1471) said...

May be real sky-diving is too scared. Would you like to try bungee jumping?

Ken Yeo said...

Your stunt remind me of Jackie Chan

Zhang Xuejie said...

Godbless your house had only two stories.